12 - 14 July, 2018
Klagenfurt at the lake Wörthersee, Austria
Pre Program 8-11 July 2018
After the succesful launch last year, the 21st edition of the World Bodypainting Festival presented by KRYOLAN will take place in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee. The capital of Carinthia will turn again into a multicultural, multimedia Open Air Artspace where the art Bodypainting can be admired in all its variants for a whole week.
Organisator Alex Barendregt & Tourismusverbandsleiter Host City Klagenfurt Helmuth Micheler, Photo D. Hartung
- Zones and Stages with different styles of music from international bands & DJs.
- Reggae, Dancehall, Hip Hop, Electronica
- RAILexd Area, street artists, installation art
- World Championship in Bodypainting, Airbrush, Special effects & Installation Art presented by Kryolan
- more awards for Make-up artists & Amateurs presented by Make-up For Ever, Snazaroo, Mac Pro and for Photographers
- Lifestyle markets with fashion, crafts, tattoo, piercing & accessoires
- Kids program, Yoga, Slacklining, Didgeridoo, DIY stations to try colours on yourself, acrobatic and children theater
- demonstration program, exhibitions, lectures
- Fashion Shows and many presentations
- Aftershow Paintparty
WBF Side Events from 8th of July
- WB Academy with more than 50 different Workshops, Demos and Demonstrations
- Body Circus, the surreal ballroom at the castle Maria Loretto
- WBF Shopping Day at the centre of Klagenfurt with the focus on "500 years Klagenfurt"
- Art exhibitions in different locations
- Daily evening activities during the week
The 21st edition of the World Bodypainting Festival, the World Championships of the best bodypainting artists, will lead artists from up to 50 nations to Klagenfurt, who will do everything possible to amaze visitors and make them laugh. High quality Art creates a special experience for all visitors of the Open Air art park "Bodypaint City" combined with music and shows.
The venue is situated in the inner city of the state capital Klagenfurt and framed picturesquely by the historical buildings of the theatre, the art house and the city gallery. In addition, this charming place offers a wide range of bars, cafés and restaurants, ideal possibilities for the WB Academy program and the side events.
WBF program scheme
„Bodypaint-City“, the main days: 12 - 14 July, 2018
Photo Daniel Janesch
World Bodypainting Awards, the world championships
The core of the festival is the World Bodypainting Championships where the Crème de la Crème of artists from more than 50 different countries create stunning artworks in 6 World Champion categories, as well as Special and Amateur Awards.
Photos Ch. Kaltseis / G. Floeck
Installation Art Award
Photos Bella Volen, Artists Agnieska Glinska
WBF - The fusion of Bodies & Beats
Around the presentations of the finalized living Bodypainting canvases, a high quality music program takes place.
Details and Line up in the program overview - Program will regularly be updated!
Shows Lora Tulchinski / Latex Fashion by Odd Territory
Bodypainting & Beauty Tradeshow, Lifestyle market, Food Trucks and many more stunning things
World Bodypainting Photo days
including the international photo contest “World Bodypainting PHOTO Award”
Bodypainting is an ephemeral art and before it is simply washed away, it has to be captured. It has an intimate connection to photography and has influenced the development, within this discipline, of a whole new genre. Therefore, the WBF main days in 2018 offer photographers an amazing location, professional models, performers, a huge variety of backdrops and some of the best artists in the world, that support the photographers, so they can capture that 'perfect' Bodypainting image.
Photo Carsten Rentz, Winner Photo Award
"Every year my crew and I make efforts to create a very special festival for you. Our "Bouthique Festival" takes place for the 21st time. With lots of passion from our crew, the participants and the other visitors we can promise you a wonderful and inspiring time in Bodypaint City!"
We are looking forward to welcoming you - Step into the surreal.
Alex Barendregt // World Bodypainting Festival
Photo Dirk Hartung
The Pre-program from July 8 -11, 2018
WB Academy Workshops
Meeting places and party locations
East bay Klagenfurt, castle Loretto