11 - 13 July 2019
Klagenfurt at the lake Wörthersee, Austria
Pre Program 7-10 July
The World Bodypainting Festival is a celebration of body painting and the staging of the human body as an art object. The WBF is also an experience space filled with music, shows and experimental performances. Immerse yourself in a week full of colors, entertainment and adventure - dive into a multicultural open air art space in the city of Klagenfurt in the south of Austria.
Photo Ulf Scherling, Artist Agnieska Glinska
- Zones and Stages with different styles of music from international bands & DJs.
- Reggae, Dancehall, Hip Hop, Electronica
- Installation art projects
- World Championship in Bodypainting, Airbrush, Special effects & Installation Art presented by Kryolan
- more awards for Make-up artists & Amateurs presented by Make Up For Ever, Snazaroo, Mac Pro, Mehron & Kodi Professional and for Photographers
- Bodypainting & Beauty Expo
- Lifestyle markets with fashion, crafts, tattoo, piercing & accessoires
- Street artists and musicans
- Kids program, Yoga, Slacklining, Didgeridoo, DIY stations to try colours on yourself, acrobatic and children theater
- demonstration program, exhibitions, lectures
- Fashion Shows and many presentations
- Aftershow Paintpart
WBF Side Events from 7 of July
- WB Academy with more than 50 different Workshops, Demos and Demonstration
- Body Circus, the surreal ballroom
- WBF Shopping Day at the centre of Klagenfurt
- Art exhibitions in different locations
- Daily evening activities during the week
The 22nd edition of the World Bodypainting Festival, the World Championships of the best bodypainting artists, will lead artists from up to 50 nations to Klagenfurt, who will do everything possible to amaze visitors and make them laugh. High quality Art creates a special experience for all visitors of the Open Air art park "Bodypaint City" combined with music and shows.
The venue is situated in the inner city of the state capital Klagenfurt and framed picturesquely by the historical buildings of the theatre, the art house and the city gallery. In addition, this charming place offers a wide range of bars, cafés and restaurants, ideal possibilities for the WB Academy program and the side events.
WBF program scheme
„Bodypaint-City“, the main days: 11 - 13 July 2019
Photo Daniel Janesch
World Bodypainting Awards, the world championships
The core of the festival is the World Bodypainting Championships where the Crème de la Crème of artists from more than 50 different countries create stunning artworks in 6 World Champion categories, as well as 6 Special and Amateur Awards.
Photo Karin Upahl / Daniel Janesch
Installation Art Award
Installation Art Projects Birgit Mörtl (oben) Agnieska Glinska (unten)
WBF Music & Shows
Around the presentations of the finalized living Bodypainting canvases, a high quality music program takes place.
Photo Daniel Janesch
Details and Line up in the program overview - Program will regularly be updated!
Shows Lora Tulchinski / Latex Fashion by Odd Territory
Bodypainting & Beauty Expo, Lifestyle market, Food Trucks and many more stunning things
World Bodypainting Photo days
including the international photo contest “World Bodypainting PHOTO Award”
Bodypainting is an ephemeral art and before it is simply washed away, it has to be captured. It has an intimate connection to photography and has influenced the development, within this discipline, of a whole new genre. Therefore, the WBF main days offer photographers an amazing location, professional models, performers and the best artists in the world, that support the photographers, so they can capture that 'perfect' Bodypainting image.
Photo Carsten Rentz, Winner Photo Award
The Pre-program from 7-10 July 2019
WB Academy Workshops
"Every year my crew and I make efforts to create a very special festival for you. Our "Boutique Festival" takes place for the 22nd time. With lots of passion from our crew, the participants and the other visitors we can promise you a wonderful and inspiring time in Bodypaint City!"
We are looking forward to welcoming you.
Alex Barendregt // World Bodypainting Festival
Love at the WBF, Special Effects Artist Andrea Benocci, Photo Ionut Oluru