July 28 - 30, 2017
Klagenfurt at the lake Wörthersee, Austria
Pre Program from July 24
The capital of the state carinthia is hosting the 20 years anniversary of the World Bodypainting Festival. Klagenfurt at the new venue Bodypaint City turns into a multicultural, multimedia Open Air Artspace.
East bay Klagenfurt, castle Loretto
- Zones and Stages with different styles of music from international bands & DJs.
- Reggae, Dancehall, Hip Hop, Electronica
- RAILex Area, street artists, installation art
- World Championship in Bodypainting, Airbrush & Special effects, UV Bodypainting presented by Kryolan
- more awards for artists, Make-up artists, Photographers, Video filmer
- Lifestyle markets with fashion, crafts, tattoo, piercing & accessoires
- Kids program, Yoga, Slacklining and much more
- Special Effects demonstration program, exhibitions, music workshops
- Fashion Shows and many presentations
- Colour Splash - the original Aftershow Party
- WB Academy with more than 60 different Workshops, Demos and Discussions
- Body Circus, the surreal ballroom presented by Diamond FX
- Zombie Crawl
- WBF Shopping Day
- Art exhibitions in different locations
- Daily evening activities during the week
Artists from more than 50 different nations will do their best to stun and entertain visitors at the 20th anniversary of the World Bodypainting Festival, the world championships for Bodypainters. High quality Art creates a special experience for all visitors of the Open Air art park "Bodypaint City" combined with music and shows.
The venue is situated in the inner city of the state capital Klagenfurt and framed picturesquely by the historical buildings of the theatre, the art house and the city gallery. Additionally this charming place offers a varied range of bars, cafés and restaurants, ideal possibilities for the WB Academy program and the side events.
WBF program scheme
„Bodypaint-City“, the main days: July 28 - 30, 2017
Photo Daniel Janesch
The Competition themes 2017 are:
- Friday and Saturday: "Utopia – what vision becomes your reality"
- Sunday, Final day: "Customs & Traditions – tell us about yours"
World Bodypainting Awards, the world championships
The core of the festival is the World Bodypainting Championships where the Crème de la Crème of artists from more than 50 different countries create stunning artworks in 6 World Champion categories, as well as Special and Amateur Awards.
Further Awards for artists
Beside the main categories during the day, the "World UV Bodypainting Award" will be presented as a highlight on Friday evening. Under the use of fluorescent colours the models get glowing during their presentation under black light. Spectacular effects and stunning visitors are guaranteed. 13 well chosen artists tell their stories with colour, sound and dance. Further awards are Facepainting, Special effects Make-up and Creative Make-up.
Photos Daniel Janesch / Karin Upahl
Installation Art Award
Photos Bella Volen, Artists Harald Wolf / Karala B. Wallace
WBF - The fusion of Bodies & Beats
Around the presentations of the finalized living canvases a high quality music program takes place from 11 am until after midnight. International bands, national newcomers, DJs, street artists, artistic groups and colorful show programs around the artform of Bodypainting will be presented.
Details and Line up in the program overview - Program will regularly be updated!
Shows Lora Tulchinski / Latex Fashion by Odd Territory
Lifestyle market, Food Trucks and many more stunning things
Photo Davide da Damos
World Bodypainting Photo days
with the international photo contest “World Bodypainting PHOTO Award”
Bodypainting is an ephemeral art and before it is simply washed away, it has to be captured. It has an intimate connection to photography and has influenced the development, within this discipline, of a whole new genre. Therefore the WBF main days 2016 offer photographers an amazing location, professional models, performers, a huge variety of backdrops and some of the best artists in the world, so they can capture that 'perfect' image.
Photo Carsten Rentz, Winner Photo Award
"As every year my crew and I make efforts to create a very special festival for you. Our bouthique event is celebrating the 20th anniversary. With lots of passion from our crew, participants and other visitors we can promise you a wonderful and inspiring time in Bodypaint City.
We are looking forward to welcome you - Step into the surreal.
Alex Barendregt // World Bodypainting Festival
The Pre-program from July 24 -27, 2017
WB Academy Workshops
With the great support of our sponsors as among others Kryolan, Senjo Color, Cameleon, Diamond FX or Mac Pro it is possible to keep the Academy affordable for everybody.
Meeting places and party locations